Finance On-Line Curriculum
Business Basics: Business Perspectives
Business Basics provides a clear and logical introduction to the field of business finance. Suitable for managers and business professionals in any company, but perhaps particularly useful for those managing a small-medium sized business, this training course is designed to provide the student with the financial knowledge and skills necessary for making the best business decisions for their company.
After this course the student should be able to:
- Explain the purpose of financial statements.
- Demonstrate an awareness of what information is contains within an income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
- Discuss and use a variety of financial ratios, applying them to financial information in order to understand the state of the business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of budgets.
- List a variety of different types of budgets, and demonstrate an understanding of what goes into each of them.
- Explain why people are in business: what their rewards and objectives are, and how these are achieved.
This course is designed for managers, prospective managers, and anyone else within an organization involved in making business decisions.