ENS eLearning On-Line Curriculum
Orientation to Canada's New Private Sector Privacy Law
This course is designed to give employees of any organization a basic understanding of new private sector privacy legislation.
The course presents a simple and useful overview of the new Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPED Act) and the principles of the CSA Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information which are incorporated into the Act.
The course describes the reasons why personal information protection is so important and how new privacy legislation is changing how companies do business. Included throughout the course are everyday examples and quizzes to help your employees understand the concepts better
To provide participants with easy-to understand concepts of personal information protection that all employees of an organization can apply in their day-to-day jobs.
All employees of public and private sectors, industry and organizations.
- The Importance of Personal Information Protection within the Organization
- Basic Fair Information Practices
- Requirement for Knowledge and Consent
- Protecting Data within the Organization
- Legal Rights to Access Data
- Your Rights and Responsibilities under the Law
- Understanding and Applying Organization Procedures to Protect Personal Information
- How to Handle Privacy Complaint